Effective Date: Oct 1, 2015
1) WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT:
Information You Voluntarily Provide:
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number, demographic information).
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, location data, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- You may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you link your Facebook to Globespinning, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (e.g. photos, friends or contacts). The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies.
- Communications between you and Globespinning. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
Information Regarding Your Friends:
- If you choose, you can use our “Search for friends” feature to locate other people with Globespinning accounts either through (a) your contacts list, (b) third-party social media sites or (c) through a search of names and usernames on Globespinning.
- If you choose to find your friends through (a) your device’s contacts list, then Globespinning will access your contacts list to determine whether or not someone associated with your contact is using Globespinning.
- If you choose to find your friends (c) through a search of names or usernames on Globespinning then simply type a name to search and we will perform a search on our Service.
- If you choose to invite someone to the Service through our “Invite friends” feature, you may select a person directly from the contacts list on your device and send a text or email from your personal account. You understand and agree that you are responsible for any charges that apply to communications sent from your device, and because this invitation is coming directly from your personal account, Globespinning does not have access to or control this communication.
When you use Globespinning our servers automatically record information (“log data”) from your browser or device. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, Internet Service Provider or wireless service provider, the address of the web pages you visited that had Globespinning features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Globespinning, and cookie data.
Mobile Device Information
We may collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications. With your consent, we may also collect information about the location of your mobile device.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources and link or combine it with information we collect about you.
Globespinning uses Facebook integration. The app may access all information provided by Facebook, including, but not limited to your name, your e-mail address, your friends list or your likes. Use of Facebook integration is on a voluntary basis. For details, consult Facebook Data Use Policy https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/.
We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
2) HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
- Help your friends and contacts find you on Globespinning. For example, when you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on Globespinning when they first sign up for Globespinning. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on Globespinning using your
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- Develop and test new products and features
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- Diagnose or fix technology problems
- Facilitate your relationship with third parties who offer services that you choose to use
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service
- Provide and deliver products and services and send you related information, including confirmations, notices, updates, alerts, surveys and support and administrative messages;
3) HOW DO WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
When you create a public profile on Globespinning anyone can view the content you are posting and sharing on your profile page. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter) when you’ve chosen to link your Globespinning account to those services or publish your activity on Globespinning to them.
- We may share information about you with third parties for their own business purposes, including to market products and services to you.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Globespinning; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of company assets, financing, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
Location Information. When you first launch any of our mobile applications or visit one of the pages on our website that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the collection of location information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can later stop this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device or Internet browser. If you do so, certain features of our Services will no longer function. You can also stop our collection of location information by our mobile applications by following the standard uninstall process and removing the relevant Globespinning application(s) from your mobile device.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts. With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can elect to stop receiving these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
4) YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings
- Link or unlink your Globespinning account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook or Instagram). You can also choose whether or not to publish your activity to another service (like Facebook or Twitter).
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. You may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
- Close your account at any time. Following termination or deactivation of your account, Globespinning, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. Globespinning and its users may retain and continue to use, store, display, reproduce, re-pin, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute any of your User Content that other users have stored or shared through Globespinning.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
- The Services may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on the Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features.
We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information stored in our database. We will exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your mobile device and our servers. However, no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, so we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet and hence accept no liability for any unintentional interception or misuse.
6) LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
7) CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Globespinning is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com
10) HOW TO CONTACT US